SPIRIT WEEK: May 3rd to 7th
- May 3rd is TWIN DAY. Grab a friend and dress alike or Dress like Mr. Smoot. How many students can we get to be the twin of our Director
- May 4th is Pajama Day and our very own Mrs. Dovel will be hosting a "May the 4th be with you" event
- May 5th is Wacky Wednesday. Wear some crazy socks, an outfit or hair!
- May 6th is College Day. Wear your favorite college sweatshirt of T-shirt etc. In addition......on this date will be hosting our 3rd Panel Discussion at the school. This discussion will be all about learning about attending an HBCU. Student will have the opportunity to ask questions to our panelists and gain knowledge of an HBCU.
- May 7th is our LIBERTY SWAG day. Wear some Liberty swag or dress in our colors. In addition.......we will be hosting a film screening of the movie "Higher Learning". Again, giving the students the opportunity to ask questions about tough topics in a safe environment.
Career Tech Information Sessions
Attend on the following dates to learn about all the opportunities that we have in the building. Be the first to sign up for these programs for our next year of 2021/2022.
- May 5th from 10:30am to 11:30am at Liberty High School.
- May 19th from 2:00pm to 3:00pm at Liberty High School
- June 2nd from 10:30am to 11:30am in Liberty High School
Potential Graduating Senior Activities
- Turn in a baby picture to Mrs. Tucker by May 13, 2021. Guessing game will be held May 17th, 18th, and 19th.
- May 24th to 28th we will have "Senior Superlative" voting in the building.
- Every Friday Liberty High School will host a "Graduation update". This will include what student has become credit complete, how many days till graduation and any other information.
- Will hold a senior photo shoot on June 1st and 2nd
- Graduation Reception will be held on June 9th from 5 to 7 at Liberty High School.
- Graduation will be on June 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm at Sinclair Community College.
"Mini" Open House Events
April 15, 2021 3-5:30 pm
May 13, 2021 3-5:30 pm
*Learn about our Career Tech. Programs: Construction, Health Care, Culinary, Customer Service, Microsoft office, Direct Care
*Tour the School
*Meet our Staff
*Talk with current Students about our Program
*All COVID procedures are followed, masks required
Staff Contact Information:
Staff Position, Issues they can resolve and Contact Information
Director: Randy Smoot; Everything Below and Chromebooks
937-701-7945 Option 1
Assistant Director/Academic Coordinator : Kerri Matheny; Any class questions. End of Course Exams. New Classes. Unable to contact your teacher.
Science Teacher: Kerri Matheny Science Issues
Math Teacher : Tim Burkett Math Issues
English Teacher: Detra Hester English Issues
Social Studies Teacher : Chris English Social Studies Issues
Enrollment Specialist: Molly Tucker Enrollment questions/Operational questions Molly.Tucker@Libertyhigh.org
Family Advocate : Ciqueda Knight Attendance/Truancy Issues. Family resources/ Human services Ciqueda.Knight@libertyhigh.org
Placement Specialist : Arthur Gadson Questions about jobs/Work Permits and Customer Service CTE Arthur.Gadson@libertyhigh.org
Youthbuild: Sarah Grimm Questions about Youthbuild/Construction and Healthcare Sarah.Grimm@ybdlhs.org
Attendance specialist : Linda Dovel Questions about attendance/Truancy/Food Assistance Linda.Dovel@libertyhigh.org
Don’t forget you can call the school anytime Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00 at 937-701-7945
Teacher Zoom Schedule:
Day Time Teacher
Monday - Friday 10:30 – 11:30 Mr. English – Social Studies
Monday - Friday 11:30-12:30 Mrs. Hester – English
Monday - Friday 1:30 – 2:30 Mrs. Matheny - Science
Monday - Friday 2:30-3:30 Mr. Burkett - Math
Monday - Friday 9:00 – 10:00 Open
Liberty High School is now a pantry pickup for our students and families.
Pantry pickup is a fast, private, and easy way to order free groceries online.
Use the following link to order or please see Mrs. Knight at 937-701-7945 ext 4
The traditional approach to high school just doesn’t work for a lot of Dayton students.
That’s why we designed a high school as unique as you are. Liberty High School is different from other schools.
- A safe school environment without all the drama
- Caring teachers focused on helping you graduate
- The chance to work at your own pace so you can catch up or even graduate early
- Flexible classes that work around your schedule
- Job training so you can get a diploma AND a career
What's happening here
College Credit Plus | February 23, 2021
Any student interested in this opportunity is highly encouraged to attend this meeting! Learn more about the College Credit Plus (CCP) and the opportunities that can await you!